- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 (15 oz) cans no-salt-added black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups unsalted beef broth
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. Fluff with a fork & set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan heat oil on medium. Add onion, bell pepper & garlic powder. Cook 8-10 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans, broth, vinegar & oregano. Mash a portion of beans with the back of a spoon, until stew is slightly thickened. Add pepper & cook 6-8 minutes.
- Divide stew into bowls, top with rice & serve.
TipsBeans are an excellent source of fiber, potassium & protein!
|4 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 65g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 13g||46%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|