- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 oz) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoning, divided
- 4 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 25 multigrain saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, lemon juice, 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning & 2 tsp garlic powder. Reduce heat & simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix crackers, remaining garlic powder & Italian seasoning, onion powder & pepper.
- Place flour, whisked eggs & cracker mixture each in separate bowls. Coat eggplant in flour, dip in egg & cover in cracker mixture.
- Cover a large baking sheet with foil & lightly coat with cooking spray. Put eggplant on sheet & lightly cover with cooking spray. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top with tomato sauce & cheese. Serve immediately.
TipsSearch for no-salt-added or low sodium canned products to lower sodium content in this meal!
|8 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 29g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|Total Sugars 6g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|