- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (32 oz) carton unsalted beef broth
- 1 1/4 cups dry lentils, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium. Add carrots & sauté 5 minutes.
- Add onion, celery & garlic.Sauté another 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown, stirring often.
- Transfer cooked vegetables into a large stockpot. Add broth, lentils & undrained tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover & simmer 35 minutes or until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Season with pepper & vinegar. Ladle into soup bowls & serve.
TipsPurchase frozen carrots so you can use extra at a later date.
|4 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 51g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||36%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|