- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded fiesta blend cheese
- 1 (15 oz) can black eyed peas, drained & rinsed
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 6 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add hash brown potatoes in an even layer & cook 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Flip over & repeat.
- Add salsa, cheese, black eyed peas, bell pepper & onions. Mix well. Cook 3-5 minutes or until all ingredients are hot.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate skillet. Dip a tortilla in cold water & toast in skillet 1 minute per side or until slightly browned. Repeat for each tortilla.
- Spread mixture evenly over tortillas & serve!
TipsMake sure to drain & rinse canned products to reduce sodium content in meals.
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 36g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|