- 3 large carrots (any color)
- 2 medium cucumbers
- (8oz) bag cubed cheddar cheese
- paring knife
- cutting board
- Cut carrots & cucumbers into 1/4 inch thick slices (thick enough to hold a toothpick)
- Cut cucumber slices into half moons. Cut a V shape wide enough to remove seeds.
- Starting from the center of the carrot, cut a triangle pointing outward. Make a slice at the edge on either side of the triangle to remove two small triangle-shaped pieces of carrot, making a tulip shape. (see collage above)
- Poke a toothpick in the bottom of tulip-shaped carrots. Slide cut cucumber v-side up on toothpick toward the carrot.
- Stick a cheese cube on the bottom of the toothpick. Repeat!
TipsLarger cubes of cheese may be required if using thick-cut veggies!
|14 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|