- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup frozen onion & bell pepper mix
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped frozen okra
- 1/2 cup instant brown rice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray & heat over medium-high. Cook onion & pepper mix 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add broth, oregano & cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover & simmer 10 minutes.
- Add okra, rice & garlic powder. Cover & cook 5-10 minutes, until rice is tender & liquid is absorbed.
- Add tomatoes & mix well. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
TipsOkra is in-season from July thru September. During other months, buy okra in the frozen section of your local grocery store.
|4 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 1.5g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|