- 8 oz whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, diced
- 1 (8 oz) bag raw sugar snap peas, trimmed & cut in half
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup unsalted chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium. Add onion & cook 3-4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add squash & peas. Cook 4-5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes & broth. Simmer 2-3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften.
- Add basil & pepper. Cook 1-2 minutes more.
- Serve over pasta & top with cheese.
TipsDon't have pasta or want to change it up? Use either brown rice or make some zucchini pasta to increase nutrients in this meal.
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 9g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 41g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||21%|
|Total Sugars 5g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|