- 1 (32 oz) carton unsalted chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 (10 oz) bag collard greens, finely shredded
- 1 (8 oz) carton fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large stockpot, bring broth & water to a boil on medium-high. Add potatoes & simmer 7 minutes or until almost tender.
- Add barley, greens, mushrooms, garlic powder & pepper flakes. Mix well & simmer 5 minutes.
- Add chicken & pepper. Simmer 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Divide soup evenly into serving bowls, top with cheese & serve immediately!
TipsMix it up! Try a different whole grain like brown rice, whole wheat pasta or quinoa!
|8 servings per recipe|
|Serving size||(475 g)|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||18%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|