- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs 96/4 lean ground pork
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 lbs assorted root vegetables, greens separated & chopped (beets, turnips, carrots), thoroughly washed
- 2 (32 oz) cartons unsalted chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups heart smart biscuit mix
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- In a large stockpot heat oil over medium. Add pork, onion, garlic & rosemary. Cook 5-7 minutes or until pork browns & onions are soft.
- Add root vegetables & cook 5 minutes. Add broth & bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix, Italian seasoning & milk. Stir until a stiff dough forms.
- Once boiling, stir in greens & return to a simmer.
- Drop 1 Tbsp dough at a time in stew; about 16 dumplings. Cover & cook undisturbed 10 minutes, or until dumplings are firm & vegetables are tender.
TipsBe sure to use the greens from your root vegetables for added vitamins and minerals. Don't forget to wash them thoroughly!
|8 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D mcg||%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|