- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 jalapeños, finely diced
- 1 cup fresh minced cilantro, divided
- 2 limes, juiced, divided
- 2 ripe avocadoes, diced
- 1 (15 oz) can no-salt-added black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeños & half of the cilantro. Stir in juice of one lime. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash together avocadoes, remaining cilantro & lime juice.
- In a square casserole dish, add beans & water. Mash with a fork to make slightly chunky layer of beans. Sprinkle cheese over beans. Evenly spread avocado mixture. Layer yogurt on top. Spoon tomato mixture over top.
- Serve immediately with multi-grain tortilla chips.
Serve any extra tomato mixture as pico de gallo!
|12 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 7g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|