- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese, drained
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 lb 903/7 lean ground turkey
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 6 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups fresh green beans
- 2 medium yellow squash, diced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl add egg, cottage cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning & 1/4 cup cheese. Mix well. Add turkey & mix with hands until combined. Shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray & heat over medium-high. Add meatballs to skillet & cook 4-5 minutes, flip & cook additional 4-5 minutes.
- In a large stockpot, bring broth to a boil. Add green beans & squash. Cook 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add meatballs & simmer 3-5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Stir in spinach & parsley. Cook 2-3 minutes or until wilted.
- Serve topped with remaining cheese.
TipsVegetables can be swapped for fresh or frozen options.
|6 servings per recipe|
Amount per serving
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 10g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|Total Sugars 4g|
Includes 0g Added Sugars
|Vitamin D 1mcg||6%|
|* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|